Our friends at Under30CEO polled a number of successful entrepreneurs to find out what they do to keep on task, even with hectic schedules. Some of the ideas are technologies, others are behaviors, some are attitudes. Enjoy the list:
- Turn off the Dopamine Drip — Break your addiction to email and social media. Use them wisely.
- Make Yourself Accountable — A challenge when you are the boss and don’t have someone to hold you accountable. As Nike says, “Just Do It.”
- Segment Time into Tasks — Focus on the most important things and dedicate time to them.
- Keep Certain Rituals — Regularly doing things such as planning your next day the night before can help you make sure you are prepared.
- Manage Tasks with ANY.DO — An Android-based task list
- Work Well with Wunderlist — I use this one on my Apple products, iPad, iPhone, and MacBook Air. You can even share lists with team members.
- Leave it all to Asana — an online productivity app. I’ve not played with it yet, but it looks interesting…
- Touch Base with the Team — keeping people in the loop daily helps keep coordinated and provide accountability
- Learn to Reset Yourself — Figure out how to get back on track when distracted — then remember how you did it for the future!
- Stick to a Critical Triad — Don’t mistake busy for productive, ask “What 3 critical tasks must I get done today?”
- Multitasking is Overrated — It is best to try to focus on just one thing at a time. Try carving out time so you can do this…
- Stay in the Moment — Don’t get overwhelmed with all you think you have to do. Just do what you need to now and attend to the other stuff in its turn.
- Set Ground Rules — As a leader, you have to give time to others, but need time for what you must do, too. Make it clear when people can or should interact and hold them to it.
What things do you do to keep on task? Why not share them below?
13 Ways to Manage Your (Hectic) Schedule and Stay On Task at Under30CEO