The updated USDA food pyramid, published in 2005, is a general nutrition guide for recommended food consumption for humans. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)
Nutrition is a hotbed topic, and there are lots of views on what really is right for people to eat. Kris Gunnars, a blogger at io9.com, posted a thoughtful post about consensus ideas, regardless of your approach to nutrition. The article does a good job of sharing those varied points, so check out the full article:
- Added sugar is a disaster.
- Omega-3 Fats are crucial and most people don’t get enough
- There is no perfect diet for everyone
- Trans fats are very unhealthy and should be avoided
- Eating vegetables will improve your health
- It is critical to avoid a vitamin D deficiency
- Refined carbohydrates are bad for you
- Supplements can never fully replace real foods
- “Diets” don’t work, a lifestyle change is necessary
- Unprocessed food is healthiest
Hard to argue with this list, isn’t it? How many of these do you really live by?
The Rules of Good Nutrition (That Absolutely Everybody Agrees On) at io9.com
Posted in Fun, Popular, Values
- Tagged diet, Food, health, lifestyle, Nutrients, Nutrition, Omega-3 fatty acid, sugar, supplements, Trans fat, unprocessed food, vegetable, vitamin D
Readers of my blogs know that I am a big fan of gratitude. It really is “the secret sauce” that makes live savory and delicious. It is the real fuel of success that beats away fear and doubt when things get tough. Marc over at Marc and Angel Hack Life wrote a great post just in time for Easter to help us realize that we have so much to be grateful for. Here are his 6 Reasons Someone Wishes They Were You:
- You are educated enough to read this.
- You are reasonably healthy.
- You have the freedom to choose.
- You have enough wealth to live comfortably.
- You have a home.
- You still have a chance.
Now, you may be thinking that all six are not true for you. but if you are reading this, I guarantee you that numbers 1 and 6 are true, and because they are, you have the ability to make all the rest true. But even if only one or two are true, there are people who wish they were you because of them.
Be grateful for the many blessings you have. That gratitude, harnessed and put into action, will make your dreams come true.
6 Reasons Someone Wishes They Were You at Marc and Angel Hack Life
The Power of Gratitude at Dwayne Baptist and Associates
Posted in My Favorites, Popular, Values
- Tagged chance, choice, comfort, Easter, freedom, gratitude, health, home, MarcAndAngelHackLife, reading, relationship, wealth