Nutrition is a hotbed topic, and there are lots of views on what really is right for people to eat. Kris Gunnars, a blogger at io9.com, posted a thoughtful post about consensus ideas, regardless of your approach to nutrition. The article does a good job of sharing those varied points, so check out the full article:
- Added sugar is a disaster.
- Omega-3 Fats are crucial and most people don’t get enough
- There is no perfect diet for everyone
- Trans fats are very unhealthy and should be avoided
- Eating vegetables will improve your health
- It is critical to avoid a vitamin D deficiency
- Refined carbohydrates are bad for you
- Supplements can never fully replace real foods
- “Diets” don’t work, a lifestyle change is necessary
- Unprocessed food is healthiest
Hard to argue with this list, isn’t it? How many of these do you really live by?